Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Paragon


My perfect bath and body product is a super-emollient body butter, with a fragrance that lasts until you shower it off. It has a coordinating shower cream, body spray, deodorant, hand cream, hand soap, hand sanitizer, and hair styling product. Is that too much to ask? Now the shower cream, body butter, and body spray are your basic cosmetic mirepoix, but let’s be real here … no matter what potions you put on at the beginning of your day, you're gonna end up smelling like a combination of you hair gel, hand cream, and sanitizing product anyway. Think about it.

*Product Review: Perlier Vineyards Nectar Starter Kit

In the world of bath and body fragrance, I think there are two groups of people. There are the foodies: those who prefer sweet, edible scents like your fruits, nuts, chocolates, vanillas and the like. And there are the florals: those who would prefer a musk, patchouli, or obvious floral aroma. Much like the democrats and republicans, the cheerleaders and the chess team, one is not better than the other … just more attractive and popular. Well I do believe that this is the fragrance that will unify the two camps. This is one, of very few products I’ve ever experienced, that should appeal to the floral and foodie alike. The fragrance is that of a rosy, sophisticated cotton candy (if that makes any sense at all to you), with a delicate whisper of sun-kissed berry. It’s feminine, flirty, and romantic, with an air of Victorian gentility to it. In a word … lovely. I find that every time I put it on it makes me smile. The scent also seems to linger longer than any of Perlier’s other food-scented products. An offering of http://hsn.com/ (Item #412-959), this kit comes in at $28.50 for the 10.5 oz. Body Cream and 8.4 oz. Shower Gel. I held back half a star only for the fact that it doesn't have enough coordinating products, like a perfume/fragrance spray or hand sanitizer. Also, though the body cream is silky and really quite adequate, I prefer a thicker body butter. I purchased the 2-pack of the Age-Defying Hand Cream (Item #507-511) first, as a less expensive way to try the fragrance (at $25). While I cannot attest to the age-defying properties -- I don't tend to apply any one product regularly enough to realize such benefits -- it does smell divine and leaves your hands silky smooth. I only wish the 2.5 oz tubes came in a 1 oz., as they would be easier to fit in my purse. If I were going to pick one product to wear every single day, this would be it … 4 ½ stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment