Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Home Shopping Nuisance


I suddenly realized that there may be people out there who don't already know of that glorious concept known as the Home Shopping Network. Well, if you are one of those sad souls who have been living in darkness, let me be the first to enlighten you. (God, I love being me.) You see, those of us in the know refer to it as HSN. It’s one of the largest online retailers and one of the first companies to bring shopping right into your living room through that incredible invention … the television. There’s also QVC, which is a slightly higher end, more expensive alternative that seems to cater to a younger demographic. But, for the hard core bargain hunters, HSN’s the place.

This brings me to my point. The only thing better than a great new concoction, is a great new concoction acquired with the use of a coupon or benefit of a clearance sale. (The later is more dangerous, as it leads to stockpiling.) Well, in addition to those aforementioned gifts from the Gods, are you aware that you can get price-adjustments at HSN? Yes I only learned of this marvel recently and, let me tell you, I am floored by this revelation! If you make a purchase, and the price goes down within 30 days of your order, you can call customer service for an easy-breezy-no-questions-asked refund of the difference. Do you realize the money I could have saved over this Christmas season alone!? Why only just last week I earned $10.87 simply by calling customer service and telling them that I want my damn money back. (Fifty lashes for my inexcusable ignorance.) It just makes me sick that I didn't know earlier. Which, of course has led to my daily preoccupation with checking and double-checking each and every product I buy to make sure I don't miss my 30-day window to recoup any value in mark-downs. My girlfriend even says that most online retailers have a similar policy. I have not attempted to discover the validity of this claim as of yet, but … think of the possibilities, people!

*Product Review: Perlier Nutissimum Hazelnut Starter Kit

Speaking of bargains, I bought this set on clearance for $14.62 (after a limited time “additional-off” coupon on all clearance items -- gotta watch for those) at
http://hsn.com/ (Item #275-872). It’s still available on “clearance” for $28.50 (whatever). Well, if you like s’mores, this is an olfactory intimation. It’s a nutty marshmallow, with a very subtle hint of cocoa. The kit contains the 7.0 oz Body Cream and 8.4 oz. Bath & Shower Cream. As for the performance, I really like the bath “cream” formulation, as opposed to a gel, so kudos for that. (After all, cream really literally is “the best part of anything”.) I could stand to have the body cream be a little more moisturizing, and of course there are no coordinating products. For the price though, it’s a fun cold-weather comfort … 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment