Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lotions and Potions and Creams … Oh, My!

I have 38 lotions, creams, and butters; 9 shower gels, 2 milk baths; 13 body sprays and perfumes; 14 styling products; 12 conditioners; 6 shampoos; and 8 leave-in conditioning products in my current rotation. Not to mention the countless other products that have been relegated to forgotten cabinets for having displeased me in some way. Sadly, I can't even say I'm that much softer or prettier for the collection. It’s just that … lotions make me happy. I could seriously review one product a day, for a whole year, and not need to buy a single new item to fill the quota. Of course, I'm not going to, as I couldn't possibly go that long without a new purchase. I am insane, aren't I?

*Product Review:
Mark. Self Sanctuary Berry Cranberry Body Butter

I purchased the 6.7 oz. Berry Cranberry Body Butter (Item #427-863) from http://shop.avon.com/ for $8, but it comes from Avon’s hipper offshoot, Mark.. (Take note of the double punctuation, it’s apparently very important.) Geared toward the teen market, it’s products tend to be younger, fresher, and more contemporary. Well, this butter really hits the mark (pardon the pun). It’s a delightfully refreshing blend of ripe, juicy berries, topped with a tart cranberry twist (exactly as the name would imply, for once.) The cranberry gives it an edge that can take it from what would ordinarily be just a Spring scent, into Fall. It’s one of those fragrances that may not be everyone's choice to wear, but will offend no one should you choose to. I love that. The consistency is less of a “butter” and more like a cream, but it does seem to hydrate well, nonetheless. I got the coordinating ($12) 1.7 oz. body spray (Item #427-753) for Christmas, and it’s just as nice. Not perfumey at all. Where this product falls short of perfection is that it doesn't have a coordinating hand cream and sanitizer. Those are the basics, and Avon is usually much better at well-roundedness than that. Perhaps it’s because it’s from their teeny-bopperesque Mark line. I dunno. At any rate, it’s one of my favorites that can bring you from Winter into Summer and back again. For that, I give it 4 ½ stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment