Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Did You Try? ... Gotta Buy!

Admittedly, I started writing this blog as a way to spend my computer time doing something other than acquiring more beauty products. HOWEVER, I have often wished I had a nauseatingly girly girlfriend with whom I could share my adolescent glee at discovering some new product or another. “Oh my GOD, Shaqueesha, I just tried the most incredible new [fill in the product] and it is to DIE for! You simply must sample.” But sadly, though I have many wonderful people in my life, none of them give a rat’s ass about my beauty psychosis. That’s where you come in. Now I can delight in sharing that joy with my new BFF. (OK, that made me gag a little, but you get the point.) This is my … “aroma-therapy”. So for whatever it’s worth, here we go …

*Product Review: Avon NATURALS Vanilla Moisturizing Body Cream

A longtime leader in fun products at fair prices, Avon always has some guilt-free way to splurge. Though you can find their products at Amazon.com, I went right to the source: http://shop.avon.com (Item #139-270). For some reason it’s not always available (maybe they’re discontinuing, I dunno), but right now the 6.7 oz. Body Cream is on sale for $2.99 (regularly $6). I mean, you can’t get any better than that, right? First of all, though they call it a “cream”, the consistency is incredibly thick and rich. It’s definitely more like a butter, which is my idea of perfection. (General rule of life: Butter makes everything better.) It hydrates well and doesn't leave behind any greasy residue. And the scent! … If you're a fan of a vanilla buttercream frosting fragrance, this is more it than many other products that tout the name. VERY sweet. Simply scrumptious. This collection has several coordinating products, from shower gel to body spray, but I love the Antibacterial Hand Gel (Item #061-273). At $1.29 (regularly $4) for 2.5 oz., it’s a steal. And we love coordinating products. Yay! For the layerability … 5 Stars.

P.S. Y’all know I make up words, right?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, a cream that doesn't leave greasy residue? I think this might be calling my name!

    I love anything Avon as well - can't beat the prices!

    Love reading your blogs, Jen!!

    ReplyDelete