Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Obsession, Possession, Confession

To be honest, I’m about as savvy with technology as George W. is with politics and government. However, I shan’t let that deter me. I shall face my fear of computerology and endevour to pursue the answer to my burning question: Should my obsessive-compulsive condition have me running for the nearest shrink? Or … am I under the influence of a rather harmless desire that I share with many other completely healthy and sane individuals across the globe? Here it is … I am inexplicably compelled to purchase endless quantities of body butter, spritzes, and sprays. Even though my bathroom puts the bath and body aisle of the CVS to shame, I continue to buy more lotions and potions than any one human could ever possibly use in a lifetime. I seem to be on a never-ending quest for that perfect scent, that perfect level of moisturization, that perfect … scentual experience. I ask you: Are there others like me out there? If so, what does this say about us? Is it really even about beauty products?

*Product Review: philosophy holiday hostess set

This set contains 8 oz. of philosophy’s popular cinnamon buns ultra-rich 3-in-1 shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath and 8 oz. of the hard-to-find cinnamon buns ultra-rich body lotion. Designed for the holidays it’s tough to track down now, but I was able to find it at http://qvc.com/ (Item #A93912). At $20 it proves to be a good buy, even with QVC’s pricey shipping charges (they charge per item, not per order). But let me just tell you … though I don’t necessarily want to leave the house smelling like cinnamon buns (which is EXACTLY what this does smell like), there is no better way to luxuriate in the bath and lube up before you slip into the sheets. At the end of a long day, it’s a decadently delicious way to hit the sack. For what I use it for it’s a 5-Star, no doubt. Try it! You’ll like it.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit dear Jen...the world of slathering, primping, moisturizing, and exfoliating has been in my world since the days I would watch my mother primp in the mirror and mimic putting on lipstick. I too fell in love with Philosophy’s Cinnamon Buns…however after a while, I noticed that my skin felt dry and a bit flaky. Although I love the spell of its aroma and magical lathering- personally I have to give it 3 stars in my book for not providing the moisture content your body needs. Oh how I wish Philosophy would correct this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah see, but here’s what you must do first: Take a 20 minute milk bath, then cleanse with the shower gel, and THEN use the fragrant lotion layer to seal in all the milky goodness. I agree that, for daytime usage, I would prefer a richer butter for more intense hydration. However, for bedtime relaxation purposes, the milky method should do the trick. Try that and let me know how it goes. Good luck, my girlie!

    ReplyDelete