Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Friday, July 2, 2010

I Had a Point

If you read these posts in chronological order (from February 7, 2010 -- Obsession, Possession, Confession), you won’t be so confused. Or … maybe more so. I dunno. Anyway, if you’re just tuning in, you’ve missed the method to (and root of) my madness, so it might be worth a look.


*Product Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain

OK, so if you have been following along, then you know how much I LOVE Covergirl’s Outlast Lipstain (come on, get with the program -- Occam's Razor). Well, it finally has a close competitor. Revlon has recently come out with their Colorstay Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm and, NO, this is not it. Despite the name, it is NOT “the bomb”. I must have tried 3 or 4 colors and they all looked garish and awkwardly dark and ghouly. I can only imagine the poor fair-skinned Norwegian chick that dared to dab on this dud. Eee gads. Anyway … not to be outdone, Maybelline decided to show up to the party with their version of the lip marker, their Color Sensational Lipstain. Aha! Now here we have a winner. Not only is it less expensive than the Revlon, and even the Covergirl alternative (at $6.99), but I was able to get it at an even deeper BOGO half-off discount at Ulta.com (Item #: 2218835). By-the-way, Ulta.com seems to be the only place I can find it as of yet. It’s that new.  Amazon may have it soon (links below). So, given that lure, you know I had to buy two. I got the lightest color they make, In The Buff, and the similar-but-deeper, Blushing. I really like both. The Buff has many of the same qualities I admire about the Covergirl Sassy Mauve, but it’s just a touch more peachy-pink. The Blushing is a slightly deeper, richer, dusty rose/mauve that says, “Yes, I’m wearing lip color, but I’m not trying to make a statement about it”. This is the shade that doesn’t exist within the Covergirl lipstain family, so the Maybelline line shows promise. I can’t wait to try the other colors ... but I will. Good God, I must show some restraint. For now, I’ll be happy with what I’ve got:  a no-muss-no-fuss, easy-breezy way to fake like I’ve got the most naturally gorgeous lip color, without even trying … 4½ Stars

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain - In the Buff
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain - Blushing

No comments:

Post a Comment