Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eat Me

OK, well you’ve probably figured out by now that I am not a fan of florals, musk, or patchouli. I like sweet, edible scents. My husband says I’m a “fat girl in a thin girl’s body”. (His definition of the term “thin” clearly used very loosely, but God bless him.) I LOVE to eat. Even more than that, I adore dessert. Maybe that’s why I prefer to always smell like some sort of delicious confection. Could this be a way of compensating for my desire to eat constantly, which can obviously never be fulfilled? Or is the fact that I always smell like food driving that desire? Is it my way of always having food around? Or, stranger yet, maybe it’s my way of creating the sensory illusion that I'm “sweet”, which anyone who knows me would agree that I most assuredly am not. Well, whatever the reason, if a fragrance doesn’t smell like something you’d be inclined to ingest, why wear it? That’s my motto. Well, I don’t actually have a motto, but if I did … that’d be it. ...Unless it was something more profound. …Or eloquent. But I digress.

*Product Review:
Sumbody Pure Sense Roll-on Perfume

My mother surprised me with the .3 oz. in the Milky Rich fragrance, for Valentine’s Day. You can find it for $16.95 at
sumbody.com, and it is fantastic. I don’t know if it smells “milky rich”, but it is a lovely vanilla cream fragrance that lasts FOR-E-VER. The scent literally doesn’t go away until you wash it off. I love that! And that’s a tall order for a sweet scent. Florals tend to be the long-lasters. The aroma makes me feel warm, cozy, and delicious, and layers beautifully over any other vanilla-type product you may have. It pleases me … 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment