Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Skin Care to Underwear

I’m no fashionista, but I do firmly (you’ll see the pun later) believe that no woman should ever leave the house without taking steps to ensure that she is soft, scented, and well-supported. As much as I love bath and body products, lingerie is an equally essential foundation to your presentation. With all the options out there today, there is no reason ANYONE should be wiggling and jiggling about (unless it’s intentional – in that case … we’ll talk). I even sleep in a bra. And believe me, I know busty. I have been anywhere from a 32B to a 34FF, and understand the challenges of shopping for the right bra at both ends of the spectrum. ...And then there are the chonies. Don’t even get me started on the wrong woman in the wrong thong. Or lack thereof. (Please, do we not understand the concept of visible panty lines, people?) In short, it pains me to see a woman strutting down the street with an utterly unsupported, pendulous protrusion or unflattering curve. It just makes me wanna drag said fashion victim to the nearest Nordstrom and save the world one boob at a time.

*Product Review: Rhonda Shear "Day to Night" Seamless Underwire Bra

There are two types of women in the world: those who sleep in a bra and those who don’t. I’m not quite sure what that says about us, but it must mean something. Well anyway, I have found the ultimate sleep bra. It comes to us via hsn.com, from the TV personality-turned-fashion-maven, Rhonda Shear. This particular model is available in a range of colors, but if you are lucky enough to be a size XS, you can nab the black or nude (Item #907-569) for a mere $8! (For reference, I’m a size 2, currently residing at a 32C, and I wear the XS.) If you’re any other size … sorry, but you’re not on clearance. You’ll have to shell out $49.90 for the two-pack. Sucks to be you. Now, my normal gripe with Rhonda Shear is her lack of quality and durability, so for the regular retail of $28, I would say buyer beware. However, for $8 … buy 3 and pretend they hold up well. For a leisure bra, this gives you great shaping and support, and is incredibly comfortable. It's totally seamless and devoid of any and all hooks, eyes, adjusters, and other irritants. You're left only with the underwire, providing blessed support. My disclaimer: I realize that they call this the “Day to Night” bra, and it’s so comfortable you’ll want to wear it out of the house, but I cannot endorse this behavior. For daytime use, I (at least) require something with more defined uplift. For sleeping, or a leisurely day around the house, or when you just want to be comfortable, but not saggin-n-draggin, this is it. 4 ½ Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment