Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Open, Open, Open!

Does anyone, other than me, think it would be a hoot to be trapped in a drugstore overnight? Or a Target? … Or a SEPHORA!? Oh, I’m not elitist. (Thank goodness, or I’d be completely bankrupt.) I can have just as much fun in a drugstore as a Sephora or high-end store. Probably more. It’s all beauty to me. I would have the time of my life just smelling and testing all the products. (The security cameras would be off, of course, so you could leave with whatever you wanted.) Simple pleasures, really.

*Product Review: L’Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara

OK, now you gotta love a product that you can get at the drugstore for half the price of something that works half as well. I know gals rave about the performance of Lancome or DiorShow mascaras, but I SWEAR L’Oreal’s Bare Naturale puts those to shame. (Honestly, I can’t decide whether or not I like BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara better, but for $8.49 versus $18, L’Oreal wins again.) It lengthens, separates, and pops those lashes like a luxury brand superstar. I wear it in Blackest Black (#805) and one coat’ll do ya, but if you decide to go further, it’s fairly clump-resistant. What’s more, if you have a coupon and wait for one of the frequent sales, so can prance outta that drugstore having paid a mere $4 or $5 for a fantastic product. At that price, try it! What have you got to lose? … 5 Stars.

2 comments:

  1. Just bought this per your suggestion. It's wonderful. Love your blog.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Glad to be of service. And thank you very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete