Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good Things Come in All Packages

I think I may be in love with the UPS man. (I already know I’m in love with my Mail Carrier, he’s the best! And besides, it follows that I must be in love with all gay men who have absolutely no interest in me.) I get a warm tingle every time I see a package on my doorstep. It’s as if, free of charge, the universe has decided to reward me for my bravery at facing each new day with a willingness to avoid doing myself in altogether. Like the Home Shopping gods know I need their help, and deliver it oh-so-caringly to my stoop. Wait, I guess it’s not really free is it? Damn! …Oh well, still enjoyable.

*Product Review: Perlier Organic Honey and Vanilla Kit

This set (Item #425-798) comes with a 7.0 oz Body Cream, 8.4 oz. Shower Cream, 3.3 oz. Hand Cream (the later WAAAY too big for my purse, by the way), and a 4.4 oz. Honey Soap Bar for $36.50, courtesy of http://hsn.com/. (Tip: If you know you like the scent, sets are often the most cost-effective way to go with HSN and QVC, as they minimize your shipping expense.) So, at first sniff the fragrance doesn’t really seem all that appealing, but it really warms up on the skin. I first tried the scent in a sampler set they had out for the holidays. For some reason, the cream in that set had a more distinctly honey AND vanilla fragrance, but this is nice too. The soap bar was nothing to speak of, but then I’m not a soap bar kinda gal. The shower gel is really the winner in the bunch. It’s thick and rich, and deliciously scented. The hand cream smells slightly different, and a little chemically at first, but it warms up to a nice SWEET vanilla in the end. Again, the body cream could be more emollient, but all-in-all it’s an enjoyable twist on the basic vanilla … 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment