Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Was an Ugly Child

No I wasn’t. But I guess, on some level, I always felt that way. What I really was was one of two black girls in my class. (Well, the ONLY one until middle school.) Pretty was fair with flowy hair. I certainly wasn’t ugly, but I wasn’t the object of any of the boys’ affection, either. I was just … Jennifer. My breakthrough: I’ve heard Sondheim’s classic, Pretty Women, a thousand times in my life, but was never before so struck by its significance as when I heard the incomparable Brian Stokes Mitchell’s rendition the other day. His interpretation was so magnificent that it finally struck me just how captivating a beautiful woman can be. It suddenly occurred to me that maybe that’s what I’ve been trying to capture with my obsessive-compulsive need to collect far too many frivolous lotions and creams. Maybe I’ve been trying to attain that feminine allure, that quality that makes a woman so desirable and enticing. Having always just been “one of the boys”, I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be “That Girl”. God, that's so superficial. But, is it possible that I could, at last, have touched upon the root of my neurosis? Incredible! …Wow, that was deep. Too deep. Back to skin care …

Product Review: mark. Self-Sanctuary Chocolate Orchid Scent Mist

Alright, well I guess (given all this talk of femininity) I should speak of roses and lilacs, but here’s the next best thing: chocolate. I know most women love to consume this covetable confection, but since I’m not allowed to eat it -– I know, my life sucks, right? –- I can only resort to the suggestion of it. If you have a serious craving for a chocolate fix that you cannot fulfill, this product will make you wanna cry. This 1.7 oz spray comes from that all-too-incredible Avon.com (Item #524-035). It truly makes you smell just like a sensuously creamy chocolate concoction. I caution you that, if you don’t wanna smell like a chocolate bar, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. I suppose the orchid layers a slightly more sophisticated quality to it, but I really just notice the chocolate. For whatever reason, the Chocolate Orchid line never seems to be available, except for its random appearance in the clearance department. (Whatever. Mine is not to question why, but merely to appreciate what is. And what is, is that fact that I picked up this little gem for only $3.99.) I tell you about this product now because the entire line (body butter to shower wash) is currently accessible. Hurry, it seems to disappear as quickly and randomly as it appears, and I suspect it won’t be there much longer. I have been awaiting this blessed day and have already put in my order for the perfect accompanying products to my scent mist. In just a few short days, I will drizzle myself from head to toe with the unspeakably wonderful chocolaty goodness contained in each delicious container. It makes me so happy … 4½ Stars.


Mark. Self Sanctuary Chocolate Orchid Scent Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment