Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Plastic on the Furniture

Why do we never use the things we like most?  It’s like that fine china waiting for a non-existent dinner guest or the plastic-covered couch that no one is ever special enough to sit upon.  I find myself rationing my favorite products … for what?  For fear that I won’t be able to replace them when gone?  Because the occasion simply isn’t special enough to warrant use of such precious elixir?  Wouldn’t it be best to use the things that make you the happiest the most? Riddle me this.

*Product Review:  Dylan’s Candy Bar Strawberry Licorice Candy Butter Cream

I’ve used this product in the past and really enjoyed it.  Upon finishing, I undoubtedly became distracted by some other shhhwanky new product and didn’t look back.  Well, when I noticed that Sephora was phasing out the Dylan’s Candy Bar line, and offering their products at 50% off, it brought back memories.  I had to jump at the fortuity.  I picked up this sweet little dream for $11 (regularly $22) per 8 oz.  (It looks like Amazon.com even has it for $8.99!  Link below.)  Honestly, now that I think about it, I’m sure I stopped using it because $22 wasn’t something I was willing to continue to pay – craziness -- but $11 seemed fair.  (I also got the Cake Batter version and struggled with the urge to purchase the chocolate and coconut ones as well. I held strong.)  The title does not deceive. It smells just as you would expect, so if you don’t wanna smell like sugary sweet strawberry candy, this is not for you.  Fortunately for me … I do! It’s got a consistency that makes you feel like you’re slathering sinfully decadent buttercream frosting all over your heavenly bod.  I wanna lick it! My recent HSN purchase of the no-less-than-amazing Perlier Raspberry Strawberry Body Spray created a "need" for a complementary body butter.  When I saw this one, I thought it’d make the perfect pair and … oh, it does. Dreamy.  (By the way, I’d a told you about the uber-fantastic body spray, but it’s one of those clearance items that’s no longer available.  Sucks for you.)  Anyway, this fun little cream creates a nice foundation for my new “spray from the gods”.  And because (you are well aware) I have to layer my scents, I went searching for a hand cream that would complete the mirepoix and settled upon Cake Beauty’s Milk Made Velveteen Hand Cream.  It’s a subtly warm vanilla/raspberry fragrance.  Perfect.  So, I’m happy.  Even though the chance to acquire more of this lovely butter after I’ve finished every last drop may not exist (given its clearance condition), I refuse to hold back.  I vow to apply as often as desired, with wild abandon, and deny any misplaced feelings of overindulgence.  There may never be another opportunity to do what I might have done today, so … I shall take my chances.  See, sometimes beauty isn’t simply superficial.  This thick, rich, delight was just the treat I was looking for, and a precious reminder to enjoy what I have to its fullest4 Stars. 

Dylan's Candy Bar Strawberry Licorice Candy Butter Cream 8 oz Candy Butter Cream
Cake Beauty Milk Made Hand Creme 3.4 oz Milk Made Hand Creme

No comments:

Post a Comment