Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Me, Myself, and I

I’ve always wondered whether there was anyone out there like me. Anywhere. … Anyone??

*Product Review: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder

Alright, so I am FAR too lazy to worry about applying foundation everyday. I also think that the darker you are, the more difficult to find a product that ends up looking natural. If you do manage to find this elusive prize, it rubs off on anything you put your pretty little face up against … like YOUR CLOTHES. Eeeww. I do, however, want to look polished, matte, and refined. Enter the powder. But then there’s the whole silica/mica issue. I prefer a powder to a foundation because I wanna look more natural. Though it is true that I have a glowing personality, no one would believe that all the sparkle and twinkle left by the silica and/or mica is just my natural radiance showing through. Furthermore, oftentimes it just ends up making me look oily anyway. And, again, if I were to use a colored powder, I’d still have the whole transfer problem. Enter the translucent powder. Well, most “colorless” powders aren’t really that. They come white, in the container, with the promise of translucency once applied. This promise is a false one, unless you happen to be Snow White’s long-lost Scandinavian cousin. …Usually. Well, I have tried many a “translucent” powder and have finally come up with one that holds true to its promise. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder really does seem to disappear on the skin (even on darker skin tones). (Now, it’s not magic. If you go crazy with it, I’m sure it too will leave you pasty looking, but...) It’s not too sparkly, and leaves me with a nice matte (but not dull), finished look. Much more refined than bare skin, but not overdone and make-up-y looking. Know what I mean? It’s even talc-free, if you care about such things. I much prefer this to Bare Minerals’ Mineral Veil, which doesn’t leave me with a matte finish at all. I do find it to be pricey ($30 for .35 oz.), which is why it took me a long time to actually commit to buying it, but I happened upon a $15/.17 oz. trial-sized version at Sephora. I was willing to take a chance for $15. I’m glad I did. Now it’s the powder I reach for almost everyday. I even use it onstage. It’s definitely worth a try … 4 Stars.


MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder To Go 0.17 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment