Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Florida Freakin’ Rocks, Y'all!

OK, I apologize for being out-of-sight/out-of-mind for awhile, but I have a good excuse … I have just returned from the most fabulous, glorious week in Florida. That’s right … my Mecca. The one and only HOME to the Home Shopping Network. And “Did I get to see my precious palace up close and personal?”, you might ask. Why, yes. Yes I did. In fact, I received a private tour from one of the super gracious executives there. (Don’t ask how.)  I know, don't hate.  From back-up generators to prep kitchens to control booths, I saw it all.  I’m a lucky gal, I am.  I even got to sit in the studio while they were live on-air.  Even though I spent the whole time living in fear of an ill-timed sneeze, it was still a wonder to behold. Oh boy, did I marveled at the glory of my favorite models, prettier than ever, in person. (I could so do this job!)  OK, if you don’t know me, and my dysfunctions, you probably think I’m a nut … well, you probably think that even if you do. The point is -- despite the fact that Florida's toll roads got the best of me, and I'm sure the troopers are after me -- it was a week of fun, sunshine, shopping, and more fun.  Not only did I visit HSN, but I got to visit Rhonda Shear’s (the goddess of lingerie, for those sad souls who don’t know) Maison Rouge, where I played in and bought WAAAAY too much sassy lingerie. Then off to all three HSN outlets. That’s right, ALL THREE!  Major deals to be had, people.  Major deals.  (I also threw in a beachfront condo and DisneyWorld, just for kicks.) Wait … just think, if I were an employee, I’d have gotten 30 extra percent off at HSN. It’d be like getting 80% off HSN merchandise (when you shop at the outlet, anyway). I even understand they have an employee store!  OK, I’m getting so excited that I don’t even remember what my point was. Wow, that was good for me. Was it good for you?

*Product Review:  Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing
                           Conditioner

Alright, so this is another dirty secret my stingy little sister has been hiding from me. I simply could not have survived a week in the sun and sand without this product. It smells like a Fall harvest, moisturizes supremely, and detangles like a dream. What can I say?  It does everything you’d expect a conditioner to do, and leaves you smelling like pumpkin pie. That’s my idea of fantastic.  It’s from the Darcy’s Botanicals line, so no nasty chemicals or anything.  You can get it straight from darcysbotanicals.com, but I think I picked this up at Curlmart.com for $12 per 8 ozs.  Totally worth it.  I even use it as a leave-in conditioner.   Double duty.   Not much more to say here.  Find it.  Buy it.  Use it! … 4 ¾ Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment