Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Can We Talc?

I got stinky feet. And apparently it’s hereditary. My sister and daughter both suffer from rank-foot-itis as well. In fact, upon entering the world, the first thing my husband noticed about my kid was the size of her feet. The first thing I noticed, shortly thereafter, was the stench they carried along with them. They’ve yet to relinquish their odorifousness. Well, I am pleased to report that there might finally be a cure for this malady from which I, and so many other innocent souls living in stenchy silence, suffer. Oh, happy day! Approach summer with confidence, my comrades, because I have a solution for you. What’s more, it comes from a product I had previously scorned: talc. Honestly, I’ve always shied away from talc because I simply didn’t know what to do with it. Furthermore, I rather dislike the fragrance of baby powder, so it hardly seemed worth the reported risks that "scientific studies have shown that routine application of talcum powder in the genital area is associated with a three-to-fourfold increase in the development of ovarian cancer". Even pediatricians tend to avoid recommending it for babies anymore, as there may be some danger to their lungs, if inhaled. Who knows what to believe anymore? I guess it’s all gonna kill you somehow, so you better use the things that bring you the most joy, enjoy them while you can, and suck it up when the consequences hit. Just hope you’ve acquired enough accumulated delectation to get you through the rough spots. Anyway, if I can’t use it on my baby and I can’t use it on my baby-maker, what do I do with the vexatious “extra product” that always seems to comes with my bath and body kits? ... Funk foot!

*Product Review: Perlier Talcum Powder

I have the Dark Chocolate, Vineyards Nectar, and Shea Butter with Coconut Milk 3.5 oz. talcs from Perlier. They each came as rather unwelcome accompaniments to my other coveted products, but you can buy them individually (by the pair, to be more exact) at HSN.com. They come in a delectable variety of fragrances for $10 - $20.50 per two-pack. They’ve always just annoyed me, but now that I’ve found a couple uses, I’m lovin’ ‘em. First, I sprinkle a little powder into my stinky shoes and ... ta-dah! Foot funk eradicated and replaced with the pleasant aroma of my scent-of-the-day. It serves a practical purpose and creates another way for me to layer my favorite fragrance. My feet stay drier too. Second, since I am queen of all that stains, I sprinkle a little powdery magic on any bothersome oil stain and let it sit overnight. In the morning, I scratch the powder into the stain a little, blow off the excess, and miraculously ... that nasty butter or olive oil blemish is gone! My clothes smell fresher too. In the end it may kill ya, but you’ll smell good on your way outta town. For a great new twist on the old “baby powder" scent, and a surprising new appreciation for an always-known-but-never-cared-about personal hygiene staple ... 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment