Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dream Team

Just because the Lakers have assembled a nearly perfect (and certainly more than adequate) team, don’t think for a minute that those scouts aren’t constantly on the look-out for another All-Star to clench the title. My quest … no different. You can just wipe that look of judgement right off your face.

*Product Review: Trader Joe’s Moisturizing Cream Shave

This is TJ’s attempt at a “more natural” shave product, and it is much appreciated. If you’ve ever actually looked at the ingredients in your average shave gel, it’s pretty scary. Those babies are packed with preservatives, anti-microbials, and brain-numbing chemicals. Not only is this creation cheaper, but it’s less likely to leave you with some crazy chemical-induced butt boil at the end of the day. It’ll cost you $3.49 for an 8 fl oz tube, but that’s still cheaper than most natural-type varieties. In fact, I tried Philosophy’s Razor Sharp at $18 for 8 oz and, not only was it chalk full of chemicals, but it left me with abrasions and scarring from the razor sharpness of it all. Terrible product! For a fraction of the cost, this TJ Cream Shave whoops its ASS! I love the Honey Mango scent, it smells fruity, sweet, and summery. They came out with an unscented version a little while ago, which I used to buy for my husband, but it seemed to disappear as quickly as it appeared. I find that to be the major problem with Trader Joe’s. In spite of that fact, and for their efforts to make healthier affordable … 4 Stars.

Trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Shave Cream with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for Men and Women

No comments:

Post a Comment