Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gimme Gimme

I have a serious problem. (Like you didn’t already know that.)  I don’t know what it is with me, but if I find something I like, I instantly set out on a mission to acquire as much more of that fabulous thing as I can.  Why can’t I simply appreciate the great new goodie I’ve got?  Why must I constantly subscribe to the ridiculous theory that if one of something is good, more must be better?  For instance, if I find a pair of fab-fitting jeans or pants on clearance, I can’t just be satisfied with my sexy new duds.  Oh no, I must call every store and visit their website until I’ve found each and every last wash and color they made.  I can’t rest until I’ve made at least 5 sales people check no fewer that 10 stores for the stupid pair of pants they don’t even make anymore. Or, if I order a new body butter and fall in love, I’ve gotta get right back on that website and stock up on, not only THAT fragrance, but every accompanying product and scent variation.  I mean, the product is barely 3 minutes out of the box and I’m looking for more!  Undoubtedly, I end up using the item for awhile and find that I really didn’t need 12 jars of discontinued banana/oatmeal/fig/cranberry Sensuous Christmas Body Frosting.  Eee gads, I’m a spaz case.  Do you think I might be obsessive compulsive?  Ah, well.  Better to get it out on clothes and beauty products than men, right?

*Product Review:  Stila Convertible Color

Truly, I have had this product so long that I can’t even read the color on the bottom of the container.  I’m pretty sure it’s the Rose shade.  I bought it as part of a set at Sephora several years back.  On it's own, it'll run you $25 for .15oz.  I tell you, it is the most fantastic thing.  The “convertible” label refers to the fact that it is meant to be used on the cheeks AND lips. (Heck, I even use it on my eyelids.)  I don’t start the day off wearing it (I prefer a stain topped with a powder for my morning rougeification), but there is nothing better for on-the-go touch-ups.  You just pop it in your purse and you’ve always got a handy, simple, mess-free way to pump up or reboot your look.  Stains can make a mess all over your designer handbag, and are difficult to apply in the wild.  This is an easy, one-stop-shop for blush and lip color.  No need to carry a lipstick tube (the cap of which is sure to dislodge and crapify the inside of your handbag), a blush compact (which undoubtedly falls and cracks into a million powdery pieces), AND a brush.  Not only is it a time-saver, it’s a space-saver. I simply LOVE double duty products.  The color is perfectly bumped-up-natural for my medium-dark skin: a deep winey-berry.  It’s creamy, but not greasy, and smoothes on and blends like a dream.  You have the flexibility to go as sheer or intense as you please.  It has just enough creaminess so that your lips don’t feel dry, but not enough to turn your cheeks into an oil slick.  They have a variety of shades at Sephora, but you can check out all the ones they make at StilaCosmetics.com. Whatever your tone, I assure you there’s a shade for you.  Amazingly enough, once I found my color, I never wanted for another.  (That says a lot for me.)  For whatever reason, I only really use it while I’m out and about, but for that it is a God-send5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment