Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Skinny Little Fat Girl

Let me just vent for a moment.  Why does no one understand that small people can be fat too?  People think that, just because you're a size 0 or 2, you don't have rolls of annoying fat and unsightly cellulite.  It pisses me off to no end every time I go looking for a pair of suck-you-in support garments only to find they start at a medium or size 4.  Hello!  What about us slightly-overweight-but-still-in-need-of-major-assistance girlies?  HSN carries three clothing lines (DG2, Serena Williams, and Iman Global Chic) that have fabulous, figure flaw correcting jeans.  The popular Not Your Daughter's Jeans are another.  They are incredibly figure-enhancing designs intended to flatter a curvier woman's body.  The catch:  they don't come small enough!  Make a 0 and 2 for Christ's sake!  I need my butt lifted and belly fat flattened just as much as the next gal.  It's all relative.  I've known size sixes and eights who were more smooth and taught than I.  Trust me, as a size 2, I can attest to the fact that size isn't all that matters.  Even when I dip down into the zeros, I still have my issues.  I'm not saying I'm obese, but I still have the same problems that most women do.  Don't think us small gals aren't rockin' the Spanx as well.  In the end, who cares what size you wear, if your body's smokin' hot underneath.  Size is just a number, girls.  It's all an illusion.

*Product Review:  Philosophy Holiday Hostess Set

OK, so this is the set I based my very first review upon around this time last year.  The big difference:  the first set contained the very popular Cinnamon Buns fragrance.  This year's set contains 8 oz. of philosophy’s Sugary Cinnamon Icing Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath and 8 oz. of the Sugary Cinnamon Icing Body Lotion. I did like the Cinnamon Buns fragrance, but it wasn't something I particularly wanted to wear out of the house.  Well, the Sugary Cinnamon Icing fragrance is a marked improvement.  It contains all of the warmth and fresh-baked cozy goodness of the original scent, with much less cinnamon.  The result is an absolutely captivating, buttery rich cinnamony-vanilla scent that just enwraps you with sweet, indulgent deliciousness.  Exactly what I wanna carry with me all day.  (I wonder if my food obsession has anything to do with my weight problem?  Hmmm.)  Anyway, it's a winner for sure.  Even with only half of one good nostril -- I have the WORST head cold, you have no idea -- the scent is strong enough to delight me, but not overwhelming.  Oh, and PS - it moisturizes well too, but ... whatever.  I sincerely hope they expand upon this one.  If only it had all the matching fragrance spray, hand lotion, and sanitizer accouterments, it would make the perfect product line.  I stumbled across this item at Sephora for the same $20 I paid last year.  Let me tell you, it's a GREAT value.  Once again, it's a 5-Star that makes a wonderful, inexpensive gift for any foodie girly-girl on your list. Try it! You’ll LOVE it.

Philosophy Holiday Hostess(TM) Set Holiday Hostess Set

No comments:

Post a Comment