Welcome to the ultimate beauty-hoarder’s blog of product reviews and random nonsense. Please leave your sanity at the door and join me on my journey of self-discovery through overindulgence. I thank you.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Have you ever noticed how much better you look when your hair looks fabulous?  It’s like you don’t even need make-up when your fro looks fierce.  If you hair looks assy, you can pile on the paint all you want, but you just won’t achieve the same results.  Why is that?  I mean, do you have any idea how much money I could save, in cosmetic expenditure, if I could just master the art of consistent follicular fabulosity?

*Product Review:  Becca Beach Tint
                           Water-Resistant Colour for Cheeks and Lips

Well, on those days when my do just don’t, I can’t live without this blush.  It just seems to brighten and gussy up my face better than anything else.  I use it nearly EVERY day.  Initially I found it at Sephora, but they stopped carrying it, so I get it straight from the source now:  BeccaCosmetics.com.  You can pick it up for $25 for 0.24 fl. oz., and the shipping is way reasonable.  Don’t worry, that doesn’t seem like a lotta product, but a little goes a long way.  It’s a sort of a cream-stain, so once you apply it, it lasts and lasts.  For that reason, I use it as a base coat and go from there.  This rouge is totally buildable, and some days it’s enough on it’s own. Others, I top it off with a little Bare Minerals powder blush in “I’m Amused Rouge”. It sets the look and I’m good all day.  When I first discovered this product, I used it in Watermelon.  It’s a lovely, natural dusty rose.  I still like it, for a more neutral look, but have since discovered the Raspberry shade.  It’s a deeper, bolder plum/berry shade that is a bit more versatile for me.  If you’re melanin-impaired, you’ll likely be content with the Watermelon.   I love the fact that it contains absolutely no shimmer, so it’s easy to go light and achieve a very natural look, or build it up and go for bold.  Unlike other stain-type blushes, it leaves a matte (not dewy) finish.  (If you’re a dewy kinda dame, you won’t be impressed.)  Also unlike most stains, it gives you more than 2.5 seconds to blend before it sets indelibly.  Furthermore, I seem to always be in a hurry and absolutely adore anything multi-tasking.  This super-goo is water-resistant, and serves as you lip and eye color as well.  Hellooooo!  Truthfully, I don’t use it for my lips, ‘cuz I’m so in love with my CoverGirl Lip Stain (in Sassy Mauve), but you could.  It’s a vacation must-have.  Swore by it in Florida.  Here’s the kicker, though:  you know I’m obsessed with all things food-scented, and this doesn’t disappoint.  Heck, why not have your blush smell good too?  The Watermelon shade smells like … well, watermelon, Fig smells like fig, and the Raspberry … you get the idea.  How fantastic is that?!  OK, the fragrance serves no real purpose, but it pleases me.  What can I say?  For a sweet-scented, versatile, everyday staple … 4½ Stars.

Becca Cosmetics Beach Tint 0.24 fl oz.

Beach Tint

No comments:

Post a Comment